SET-UP HOURS - extended HOURS
Friday, March 16 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday, March 17 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
All exhibits must be set up by 6:00 pm on Saturday, March 17th. No construction, arranging, or setting up of exhibits, including deliveries or moving of products, are permitted during show hours.
- If you are unsure if your display requires labor, submit the Customization of Booth Request Form and our Operations Team will gladly respond.
- Please note that display materials must adhere to Chicago Fire Department Rules and Regulations.
- Exhibitors may hand-carry small items, but we ask that they refrain from using handcarts, flatbeds, or dollies. Our Material Handling Staff is on hand to facilitate such moves.
Tuesday, March 20 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
FREIGHT & PERSONALLY OWNED VEHICLE (POV) LOAD OUT HOURS
Tuesday, March 20 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Personally Owned Vehicles "POV's" Only).
This is for exhibitors moving out merchandise in their own car, van or small rental truck and and Fedex Shipments)
ALL POVS MUST BE MOVED OUT ON TUESDAY, MARCH 18.
The loading of POVs will begin upon the completion of the return of empty boxes.
Wednesday, March 21st 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (Common Carriers, Freight Companies, and Company Trucks)
HELPFUL HINTS FOR SET-UP & DISMANTLING
- Review the Obligatory and Optional Forms.
- Be aware of the schedule for Set-Up and Dismantling. Make travel plans accordingly.
Shipments must arrive 24 hours prior to your arrival to set up your booth.
CONTRACTOR AND LABOR INFORMATION
You have the option of employing your own union labor to assist with the set-up of your booth. If you choose to use the services of an outside contractor, also referred to as an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC), we ask that you return the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Form.
- Exhibitors who wish to employ EACs should make known to them the following guidelines:
- The EAC shall be given the right to provide services requested of them by an exhibitor in set-up and dismantling on the show floor, and shall have the right to utilize qualified employees registered in advance.
- Services shall not conflict with labor regulations or contracts including jurisdictions claimed by local labor unions. The EAC shall adhere to the rules and regulations in this manual.
- The EAC shall possess a valid public liability and property damage insurance policy for at least $2,000,000. The certificate of insurance must name Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., Merchandise Mart L.L.C., Vornado Realty Trust and Vornado Realty L.P. as additional insured.
- The EAC shall have a true and valid work order from an exhibitor in advance of the show move-in date and shall not solicit business on the show floor or during move-in or move-out dates.
- The EAC will share with theMART all reasonable costs related to their operation including overtime pay for stewards, restoration of the exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- The EAC shall cooperate fully with theMART, especially with regard to the efficient utilization of labor.
- Any labor personnel working in your booth must be one of the following:
- Your own company personnel (depending on the type of work being done, union labor may be required). See Union Regulations for additional information.
- Exhibitor appointed contractor. EACs must comply with guidelines regarding EACs. See Exhibitor Appointed Contractors for additional information.
- To request theMART Union Labor, please refer to the Installation/Dismantle Labor Request Form. Additional guidelines regarding Labor should be reviewed on this form.
- All orders for dismantling labor must be confirmed no later than 10:00 am on Monday, March 19th.
- Various unions claim jurisdiction over all set-up and dismantling of exhibits including carpentry, electrical and material handling to name a few. Your personnel may work along with a union installer, if one is necessary.
- Please call Megan Davidson at (312) 527-7514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding union regulations.