Deliveries from both FedEx and UPS to the Mart (including priority shipments) tend to be random during high shipping periods prior to the show. FedEx and UPS deliveries received after Thursday, September 21st will be delivered to your booth as they are received and signed for. However, since FedEx and UPS deliveries to the Mart are inconsistent, please be advised that even priority shipments to your booth may be significantly delayed.
We urge you to take advantage of the priority FedEx/UPS Tuesday shipping program to ensure delivery to your booth.
SHIPPING ADDRESS AND GUIDELINES
DIRECT SHIPPING TO DOCK ADDRESS
National Bridal Market Chicago™
(Your Company Name)
(Your Booth Number – 7th Floor)
c/o Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc.
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, IL 60654
- Consolidate all freight—booth, merchandise, literature, etc.—into one shipment.
- Clearly label all packages with show name, company name, and booth number. Remove all old labels.
- All freight must be no larger than 5’ wide x 10’ long x 5’8” high and weigh less than 2,000 pounds. Any freight that exceeds these measurements and MMPI does feel safe to turn on its side will be charged a handling fee of $50 per item, per trip. MMPI is not responsible for damage or loss to product during turning. Any items too large to move will be held at the loading dock for unpacking. An hourly surcharge will be applied and your booth set-up will be delayed.
- Create a detailed inventory sheet of every item you are shipping or bringing to the show. Be able to provide the number of units, item descriptions (i.e. cartons, cases, crates, and/or individual items), and weight for all shipments being delivered to the Show.
- All shipments should include piece count to ensure proper tracking, manifesting, and delivery of freight.
- Insure your merchandise against theft, damage, and loss from the time it leaves your facility until it returns.
- A handling charge of $55.00 per 100lbs is applied to shipments that arrive outside the designated shipping schedules OR to shipments that exceed the freight size limitations or arrive loose and uncrated.
UPS/FED EX/SMALL PACKAGE SERVICES
All packages will be received through the loading dock. Please note that piece counts cannot be guaranteed for such shipments. Where possible, exhibitors may avoid delays and extra charges by having express deliveries shipped to their hotel. Any packages received outside of the designated shipping schedule will be billed at a rate of $55.00 per 100lbs.
FREIGHT MOVE-IN & Delivery hours
Direct Deliveries to Dock:
Thursday, September 21 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday, September 22 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday, September 23 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
FREIGHT MOVE-OUT hours
Wednesday, September 27 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
(Personally Owned Vehicles "POV's" Only. This is for exhibitors moving out merchandise in their own car, van or small rental truck and Airways Freight, and FedEx Shipments)
ALL POVS MUST BE MOVED OUT ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27.
* The loading of Personally Owned Vehicles, POV’s will begin upon completion of the return of empties.
You may ship your materials from the show via any carrier. You are required only to contact your carrier, pack your materials, and file a Bill of Lading with the freight desk. Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. assumes no responsibility for shipments until they are collected from the exhibitor’s booth. A representative of the exhibitor should remain with their property until this has been done.
Material handling involves receiving freight during move-in, delivering it to your booth, removing empty containers and returning them after the show, and loading materials for outbound shipping. This service is also known as drayage and is included in your booth package.
Yellow Freight Systems is the preferred shipper of the National Bridal Market Chicago™. However, each exhibitor is free to choose their own means of shipping.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - CLEARING CUSTOMS
R.E. Rogers is the official customs broker and international freight forwarder for NATIONAL BRIDAL MARKET™ CHICAGO. For information please contact Sherry Pelc at (702) 272-1596 or email@example.com.
MMPI is available to receive freight directly at the trade show facility and will operate all drayage services in the trade show facility.
However, pursuant to all applicable laws, MMPI is not the importer or the appointed agent of any exhibitor or tenant of a trade show. Therefore, MMPI will not provide its federal tax identification number to act as the importer of record for US customs clearance of any international shipments for exhibitors/tenants of the trade shows it manages. If you require a FEN of a consignee we need to review your custom broker shipment paperwork for approval.
Each tenant or exhibitor must work directly with a customs broker to clear trade show shipments in the broker’s name or in the exhibitor’s name through a customs power of attorney form.
DIRECTIONS TO THE MERCHANDISE MART LOADING DOCK
- Directions to The Merchandise Mart Loading Dock (Common Carrier/Large Trucks): From I-90/94, exit on Ohio Street. At the first light, turn right onto Orleans. Proceed for 3 blocks and turn right onto Hubbard. Proceed for 1 block and turn left onto Kingsbury. Continue for 1 block and turn left onto Kinzie. Continue on Kinzie for 1 block until you reach a stop sign. Turn right into the dock.
- Directions to The Merchandise Mart Loading Dock (Cars and Small Trucks): From I-90/94, exit on Ohio Street. At second light, turn right onto Franklin. Continue four blocks south on Franklin to Kinzie. Turn right onto Kinzie. At the first stop sign, turn left into the dock.
Helpful Hints for Shipping
- Utilize the advance shipping days.
- Make sure your shipper is aware of the freight delivery and pick-up schedule.
- When preparing to ship for the National Bridal Market Chicago, be conscious of the freight size limitations. Freight cannot exceed 5' wide x 10' long x 5'8" high or weigh over 2,000 lbs.
- Remember to include your Company name & Booth # on all shipments to the Merchandise Mart.
- Bring your tracking numbers to have handy should you be missing any boxes.